Monday, April 04, 2005

About Sin City...

Listening to: Jewel on Z95 at work...
Thinking about: how I'll survive another 3 hours of work...

Sin City was the top movie at the box office this past weekend...not surprising compared to some of its competition. I went on Saturday night to watch Sin City, a movie from the original comic book series by Frank Miller. It was a dark movie, filmed in black and white, and like comic books, only has certain hints of color, such as blood, cars, eyes, some clothing, and the yellow monster...

My take on Sin City ** spoilers **:
- filming was cool - I liked how it was in classic black and white with some color...
- blockbuster cast of actors/actresses
- I liked how the bad guys died in the movie, but at the same time not all the good guys lived...
- cheesy lines made it funny
- a bit too much gore/violence...wasn't expecting such violent displays (Kevin being cut up and eaten by the wolf or when the Yellow monster got his "weapon" ripped out)...

Overall I thought it was a cool movie, something different from the usual comedies or war films and dramas out there. I was just a bit disturbed at some of the violent scenes, and at the end of the film, I saw lots of people still sitting in the audience, probably trying to figure out how to recover from watching some disturbing parts of the movie, or wondering why sweet innocent Rory from Gilmore Girls is now Becky, a prostitute sell-out in Sin City...=S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home