Wednesday, March 23, 2005

About Easter Holiday...

Listening to: Z95 music/commercials
Thinking about: this weekend...

Counting down until the Easter holiday in which most people get a 3 or 4 day long weekend. I get 4 1/2 days off of work (Thursday is a short day for me). But most people, I believe, has forgotten the origins of Easter. Instead we are bombarded with the idea of chocolates galore and the Easter bunny. Whatever happened to the belief of what was depicted by Mel Gibson in Passion of The Christ? Perhaps we should all take a moment to reflect and think back about that movie...that movie made me cry, to think anybody could endure such torture and pain. Or for those who aren't Christian, perhaps think about human nature? Is a holiday based on material goods or compassion for others?

This holiday I'll be going to visit family, and visiting those I've long forgotten to do so, even if they passed away many years ago. It's not about having a holiday to go on a vacation somewhere in the Bahamas, Disneyland, or something like that...It's not about going to lavish Easter Brunches at some high-end restaurant...It's not about any of that. I'd trade in that for a nice afternoon home with the ones I care about, making them brunch at home instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger PakG1 said...

I saw the Willingdon Church play yesterday. I was extremely impressed, they made an amazing production. I'd tell you to check it out, but you're in Victoria. :p

3:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home