Sunday, March 13, 2005

About Skating...

Ever watch movies that were filmed in New York and they had the outdoor skating rink? Isn't it romantic seeing that in the film Serendipity or even Home Alone? Central Park and Rockefeller Centre both have them, considering that it's so cold in the winter time in New York. I did some research and Ottawa's Rideau Canal is supposed to be quite nice for outdoor skating too in the winter. Calgary/Edmonton, some northern interior BC places, they all have outdoor rinks. The only place here in Vancouver that has that is Grouse Mountain. Now considering that it costs $27 to ride up Grouse Mountain, it's not really worth it to skate up on the pond there, unless you're going up there to ski/snowboard or eat.

I went up to Grouse today for Sunday Brunch. What I thought was Sunday brunch wasn't what I expected. Usually when I'm paying $30 per person, I thought Sunday brunch is buffet style. Nope, not on Grouse at the Observatory. But I think the view made up for it, plus besides, what do you expect? The brunch INCLUDED the skyride up to the mountain, so if you subject $27 from the $30 brunch, it was a good deal after all. It was a really nice and sunny day, so actually, I thought it would be nice to go up for brunch and skate outdoors. Well after brunch, we were just about to lace up our skates when the attendant came and said he was shutting down the pond because it was too warm out!! >_< NooOoOoooo...How disappointing...so I'm left wanting to go outdoor ice skating...just dreaming of that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home