Tuesday, September 06, 2005

About Fall coming early...

Listening to: someone walking up and down the hallway at work
Thinking about: if I should cook up a steak for dinner or not (Safeway has Top Sirloin Steak on sale for $3.99/lb this week and I stocked up ^^)

I was playing pitch and putt yesterday at Kensington and it already seemed like Fall even though the sun was still shining brightly at me. There was already numerous trees shedding their golden leaves onto the grown. Plus, it's been a bit colder lately and the sun has been setting earlier...Summer is ending =( My favourite season is coming to an end for the year...what will I do now?? Say goodbye to beach weather, to the days of going to the waterslides (which I wasn't unable to do this year), to slushies on a nice hot summer day, and nice lunchtime walks along the Steveston Wharf. Let's welcome in Fall, where it'll be rainy and wet, cold, and congested traffic due to kids going back to school and adults going back to work. Fall does signify a few good things, monthly long weekends (Sept = Labour Day, Oct = Thanksgiving, Nov = Remembrance Day, Dec = Christmas), and mooncakes!

Mooncakes are selling everywhere now. The Mid-Autumn Festival is Sept.18. I may make a trip home for Mid-Autumn Festival, to at least spend the weekend with my family. I wonder if I can request Monday the 19th off so my weekend won't feel as rushed heading home. Mmm...the nice taste of mooncakes melting in my mouth, like those "bing pi" mooncakes with the yellow or red beans. Probably go pick some out next week if I do decide to head home for the weekend to share with my family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my parents usually cheap out and buy after Mid Autumn's over.

I told my mother I wanted to try those ice cream ones from HK, then she said, "but isn't that just ice cream then"... sometimes, it feels wrong when they're right.

9:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home