Sunday, March 09, 2008

Escaping and Forgeting

I was watching more of "Prince's First Love" today and after some incidents to the show, the girl decides to leave Korea and go far away so she can forget about the two guys (brothers nevertheless) that are fighting for her love. She tries to convince herself to forget about the one she loves and avoid the other to not hurt him. In the end the more she wants to forget, the more she really can't.

The show gets sad at certain points and you really feel sorry for the girl. She shouldn't have to escape to a far away place to try to forget everything in the past. But then again, how else will she be able to go on with life? Hiding in Tahiti, one night on a water full of stars, she wishes to see the guy that she loves, the manager, just once more. Perhaps this wish would come true, but when she sees him in what she thinks is her final time, even though she's supposed to be happy, she is sad because of the pain of not wanting to say goodbye to him.

You pine away at past memories, longing to hold onto those wonderful moments. In reality, the longer this happens, the more painful it gets. As the girl says in the show, I feel like I'm Alice (Alice in Wonderland). I've followed a rabbit to this Wonderland place and everything feels like a dream. Now I've waken up and now that I know the truth, I should break free from this dream. I've woken up for a long time, yet I am not sure how I can break free. What am I to do to save myself? To make myself happy again? Do I have to escape somewhere to forget? Or is it possible to stay and forget?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home