Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Goodbye Destiny...

It's time to say goodbye to the one song that I really believed in, the one song that tied everything together. With this goodbye I will wish him,

  • All the happiness in the world, even though I know that I cannot be the one that gives it to him.
  • Time to meet someone perfect, which I know I am not the one.
  • To care and love enough so he doesn't hurt anyone else like he has hurt me.
  • To be able to love and commit himself to someone, even though I wasn't the one.
  • To be able to share with her this song, which I no longer can listen to without feeling the pain.

Destiny no longer belongs to me for it does not mean anything to me anymore. So I say goodbye to this song, and hope someone else can use it to signify their love.

Destiny
By Jim Brickman & Michelle Wright

What if I never knew
What if I never found you
I never had this feeling in my heart

How did this come to be
I don't know how you found me
But from the moment I saw you
Deep inside my heart I knew

Baby you're my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I'll give my love to have and hold
And as far as I can see
You were always meant to be
My destiny

I wanted someone like you
Someone that I could hold on to
And give my love until the end of time

But forever was just a word (just a word)
Something I'd only heard about
But now youre always there for me
When you say forever I believe

Baby you're my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I'll give my love to have and hold
And as far as I can see
You were always meant to be
My destiny

Baby all we need
Is just a little faith
Cause baby I believe
That love will find a way

Baby your my destiny
You and I were meant to be
With all my heart and soul
I'll give my love to have and hold
And as far as I can see
From now until eternity
You were always meant to be
My destiny

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and it's good you're writing about how you are beginning or able to let go. I can relate to how you're feeling, although you might not think it's similar to what I've experienced before, but no matter what, I'll always try to support you, because you've always done the same.

7:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home